Friday 20 October 2017

Winter is here... sort of

I have been delaying my winter project for quite some time but have finally got around to painting my test figure as part of my clear the bench challenge, which is now clear!

The test figure is a Warlord Games German Winter Grenadier.

It was extremely easy to paint and I am quite pleased with the outcome.

Paints used:

Smock - Vallejo Ivory, Secret Weapon Soft Body Black Wash, Dry Brush Vallejo White
Pants - Vallejo German Field Grey
Helmet - German Cam Dark Green, Mig White Washable Camo

Base: Wilder Snow effects, GW Valhallan Blizzard, Woodland Scenics Snow Flock

Varnish - Vallejo Polyurethane Matt Varnish, AK Ultra Matte Varnish

Happy with how the smock came out, I want these painted fast and didn't want to do layer upon layer to get the white right.  Only took about 2 hours all up.

28mm Winter German Grenadier
28mm Warlord Games Winter German Grenadier

wargame varnish miniature varnish
Whilst Basing him I dropped him head first into the floor

Vallejo Polyurethane Matt Varnish
Thanks to Vallejo Polyurethane Matt Varnish no chips! The varnish is satin tho

WIP

Painted the white first. Quick and easy


Bless the rains... I miss being in the DAK






No comments:

Post a Comment