Thursday 26 October 2017

Taking a Dip Part 1 - Black Plague Zombies

The Army Painter has had their quick shade "dips" around for quite some time now.  As always I have been very late to the party.  I recently picked up some of this brilliant product at MOAB 2017 from War And Peace Games


The stuff provides a very hard glossy coat to your figures protecting them and the shading is exceptionally good.  The shine is easily reduced with some Matte Varnish.  I use AK Interactive Ultimate Matte Varnish do reduce the shine once cured.

A very quick tutorial/guide on how I painted them.  I mostly use a much simplified version of Sorastro's Guide.

I painted my figures with a very rough and rubbishy base coat.  I gave them an even more rubbish dry brush afterwards all over with the Army Painter Zombie Skin I focused on mostly the skin however dry brushed lightly the clothes etc


Once the paint was all cured they looked something like this... Rubbish I know.

10 Year old me would be proud of these

After this the fun part started.  Using a brush I applied the strong tone and they looked something like this...


Once the quick shade dries it is extremely glossy and looks something like this...

Shinier than an English Rugby Supporter's head

I sprayed a heavy coat of AK Interactive's Ultimate Matte Varnish and applied some pink eyes and some Blood from the Blood God from that company that rips you off.  It gives a result like this...

Zombicide Black Plague Zombies Painted
Zombicide Black Plague Zombies

Zombicide Black Plague Zombies

You can see how a rubbish paint job which was rough as guts all of the sudden looks very nice.  The figures are well protected and great for the rigors of an intense zombie slaying session.

All in all this is a very quick and easy way to paint zombies and other gaming pieces.  Certainly not my finest paint job but they will look great in game.






2 comments:

  1. It certainly gets the job done in a very short time with good results. Those pink eyes look the part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow missed your comment! Definitely enjoying the quickshade. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete