Wednesday 18 October 2017

Polish Tankettes

I finally got around to painting up 3 more Polish Tankettes aka TKS.  I decided to make one more 20mm Tankette and 2 LMG Tankettes.  The models I used are from Warlord Games and are cast in resin in 1/56 scale.  They are pretty nice models and only need a little cleanup.  My main criticism is the metal parts on the model, especially with the MMGs as they may of been as a result of a cold cast as they were extremely brittle and even part of one of the MMGS broke away.

I like the colour scheme I have chosen for my Polish Armoured Vehicles.  I use the following colours all by Tamiya and applied via airbrush:

Desert Yellow
Olive Green
Flat Brown

I didn't bother with my usual modulation, I just sprayed it on.  All in all there is probably about 2 hours work in getting these Tankettes out and onto the table!

All we need now is some Polish tows and transports in 1/56 and I will be a happy gamer.

I have already used these in Battlegroup and no doubt they will make their debut in Bolt Action soon.  They will be used in my next Bolt Action Solo Play scenario which is currently a work in progress.  Stay tuned.

1/56 Polish Tankette TKS
Warlord Games 1/56 Polish Tankettes TKS 

1/56 28mm Polish 20mm Tankette TKS
20mm TKS

Polish tankette machine gun TKS
2 x MMG Tankettes

Polish Tankette comparison
Polish Tankette next to a Polish Infantry NCO

1/56 Polish Tankette, 28mm infantry

Polish TKS colours colour paint
The old brush painted colour scheme next to the new colour scheme

Polish 7TP and Tankette TKS comparison
A 20mm Tankette next to its bigger brother the Polish 7TP Light Tank

Polish Armour WW2
A couple of Tankettes with a 7TP
Make Poland Great Again



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks mate! Got to get them out on a Wednesday night

      Delete
  2. Gotta love them little beetle tanks! Recent research, including discovery of ammo chests painted in 1938/39, suggests your original brush-painted camo scheme was closer to the original. The brown really is quite a dark shade, while the green is fairly strong and light with lime-like tones. Only the sand is an improvement: I think the specifications call it a grey-tan colour. Even so if you took a black/white photo of your new models it would doubtless look much closer to the original ww2 photos than your brush painted scheme.

    ReplyDelete