Thursday 22 March 2018

Zombicide Season 1 Box Insert

Over the past few days I have 3D Printed a box insert for Zombicide, Season 1.  This insert is brilliant and available from here.

If you are printing this I would recommend a layer height as big as your nozzle can handle and printing at 15% infill.  All up I used about 1.5kg of filament and completely worth it!

As I used the dregs of a few filament rolls the colours were mismatched so I gave the inserts a light spray of Rustoleum Flat Grey Primer.

I am not too fussed about the miniatures chipping as generally plastic minis dont chip when varnished properly.  If I do notice some chips I will insert some thin foam into where they are stored.

The best thing about this box insert is I can add expansions as it has room for more zombies, more characters, loads more cards, and can take expansion tiles no dramas.

A brilliant design!

Zombicide Box insert
The 3D Printed Zombicide Box Insert shell fits in very nicely

Zombicide Season 1 3D printed box insert
This is everything from Season 1 minus the tiles and manual,
so much more room for activities!

Zombicide box insert
With the tiles and rulebook added

Closes nice and evenly.  A brilliant design!




No comments:

Post a Comment