So first things first it has been a very busy start to 2018 for me both work wise and hobby wise. I am in the Analogue Hobbies Annual Painting challenge and I am well behind my target of 750 Points. You can see my progress here.
As previously published my 2017 wrap up is here and it didn't go as planned as I initially thought but 2017 was a huge success as a whole.
Hobby Goals for 2018 in no order of priority
- Project Waterloo
- 28mm Napoloenics in other Campaigns
- Expanding on all my current WW2 Armies in 28mm
- Expanding my neglected WW2 Project in 20mm
- Painting more boardgame minis
- Reduce my horde of figures
- Terrain terrain terrain! Something I need more of
- paint more minis, paint lots of minis, paint more minis
Now to help me achieve the above, you can probably see a table to the top right of my Blog. Its simple. Miniatures received and miniatures painted. By receive I refer to purchased and freebies as I have been receiving a few of those lately. Now 2018 is already off to a disastrous start in terms of a received/painted ratio and it is only going to get worse! I have hundreds of 28mm Napoleonics incoming among two kickstarters, Zombicide Green Horde and A Song of Fire and Ice. I have to get on top of this addiction and this could be the kicker I need. That little table will be my constant reminder. I think I am going to cut way back on my purchases now as for the first time I have more figures not painted than painted!
|Pretty much the look on my face when I saw that table|
Social Media Goals
- Get more of my stuff featured on other websites
- Expand my twitter presence
- Gain more followers on Blogger
- Get 150 posts up on Blogger
If you don't follow me on twitter you should as I post a lot more stuff there and stuff that doesn't make it to here. I recently gained 100+ followers, hopefully 200 followers soon! You may have also noticed some minor changes to the layout of LHP.
- Play More Games! Aim for an average of one a week
- More solo play
- Play my awesome neglected boardgames
I have pretty much ceased playing in Tournaments, I much prefer the social side of gaming, not the competitive side. It has now been a year since my last tournament and no regrets!
Really as hobbyists can we really stick to our goals? Me... not really. The main thing is having fun and documenting my journey which my first post ever was all about. Lol what a bizarre and unexciting post!
Thanks to all of you that follow me and here's to a great 2018!