Monday 5 March 2018

Some Terrain for the Table

My terrain building has really slowed down recently and I am getting back into it.  First up I decided to assemble and paint the "Ruined Hamlet" by Warlord Games.  This came in the Band of Brothers starter box set for Bolt Action Version 2.

I based it on some spare plasticard and decided to go with a Winter Theme for my Winter WW2 engagements and for Frostgrave.  Winter terrain looks really unique and gives a great theme to any table.

Based on a couple of old bits of plasticard


Warlord Games ruined Hamlet
Ruined Hamlet by Warlord Games

how to make winter terrain

wargame winter terrain

woodland scenics soft flake snow

Its interesting that this kit from Warlord Games is actually a re-branded 1/72 kit from Italeri.  My formula for snow and winter effects is as follows:

  • Woodland Scenics Flex Paste
  • Wilder Snow Effects
  • GW Valhallen Blizzard
  • Woodland Scenics Soft Snow Flake
  • Various Winter tufts
This gives a very frosted wintery feel and looks lovely on the table :)

Pimping the Ebay Trees

Next up we have a base for my Ebay pimped trees.  The trees look a little bland on the table and now they have a cool base for them.  I used some Plasticard and cut it in an interesting shape then I designed some "rings" to hold them in using Tinkercad.  They are 61mm for 60mm bases but after painting and weathering I need to make the next lot 62mm.

tinkercad
I am such a talented designer


I glued the rings onto plasticard then filled with some caulk.  I then flocked it up and the results are rather splendid.  I can even place a team weapon where the trees sit.


Plasticard cut out with a scribing tool


Looking the business

ebay wargame trees
Looks great with the Ebay Trees added

Sub out a tree for a German PAK 36









No comments:

Post a Comment