Tuesday 17 April 2018

Zombicide Season 1 Campaign - Boomtown 04

Mission 04 Doomsday Clock

This would be, hands down, without a doubt the hardest game of Zombicide I have ever played.  The scenario alone takes 240 minutes and is rated hard!

I did it in 3 hours and somehow, somehow, somehow, by the skin of my teeth survived!

I lost Phil to the horde and he became a Zombivore and kicked some butt.  You have to collect all the objectives on the board and each time the Zombies get an extra activation you have a countdown from 10 to 0.  You can spend food and water to gain back part of the timer.

3 of my Survivors were all in the red activation given how hard this scenario was and the red spawn was a killer, thankfully I had all the objectives and raced to the exit!

...stupidly hard

The table all set up, the board is huge!

I am getting good at spawning Abominations early on

Luckily I had geared up and dispatched him quickly

... and naturally another one spawns

Phil falls and comes back as a Zombivore

I nearly lost the game here, Wanda took a beating

Wanda was down to 4 wounds and had dropped all her equipment but was rescued
by the other survivors

Josh couldnt hit anything but Doug was sniping like a boss.  These two are the only
in the Campaign not to turn to a Zombivore

Amy was max level and I took the Medic ability and restored some much needed wounds before
fleeing to the exit
Well what a game, it was so hard it was almost enjoyable! I see now why a lot of people have sold their Season 1 of Zombicide and the game gets not much play considering how good Black Plague is.

If I survive this campaign, I am going to take a nice long break from Season 1 and play the crap out of Black Plague and Green Horde... 3 missions to go, until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment