Friday 10 August 2018

A Song of Ice & Fire - Stark Sworn Swords

I backed the recent CMON Kickstarter a Song of Ice & Fire.  Being a wargamer and a fan of Game of Thrones I was destined to invest in this... and I am glad I did. In this article I will show you how to paint the Stark Sworn Swords.

I would describe the figures as 32mm True Scale.  Some will disagree however they are well proportioned and easy to paint.

I did the Blue/Grey theme as I dont get to paint these colours as much as I would like to.

The recipe I used is as follows using all Vallejo Acrylics.  This is how I painted them.

Prime Black
Armour - Drybrush Gunmetal, Drybrush Silver, Drybrush Metallic Blue for Shields
Clothing - Field Blue
Underarmour - Leather Brown
Wood - Maroon
Fur and Shield Straps - Khaki
Straps and Leather - Chocolate

Use Army Painter Quick Shade then highlight with above colours adding Ivory for extra layers of highlighting

Base - Chocolate, Drybrush Iraqi Sand.  Add Citadel Valhallan Blizzard and top with Woodland Scenics Soft Flake Snow

Finish with 2 coats of AK Interactive Ultimate Matte Varnish

I decided to batch paint these as I want to get them on the table. 


a song of ice & fire stark sworn swords
There are not too many poses available how there are some subtle differences in the troops

A Song of Ice & Fire Stark Sworn Swords
A Captain and Banner Man
How to paint Stark Sworn Swords
All 26 of them painted up, I need a bigger light box!





No comments:

Post a Comment