Wednesday 4 July 2018

Converting Frostgrave - Part 1 - Witch Hunters

Frostgrave is an excellent game and is my flavour of the month at the moment.  Northstar Military Figures produces some excellent plastic kits for the game. I have the Soldiers, Barbarians, Cultists and the Ghost Archipelago Crewmen Set.  These four boxes combined can make some interesting looking figures.  If rumour is correct, some Frostgrave Female Models are coming out some time soon!

I have a slight obsession with Witch Hunters, Demon Hunters, Vampire Hunters or well dressed 17th century adventurers.  I prefer the term Witch Hunter.  The names Solomon Kane and Van Helsing come to mind.  I really want some of my characters in Frostgrave to fit this look.  I wonder if we can even come up with a Witch Hunter Class?

Frostgrave Witch Hunter Conversions
My converted Frostgrave Witch Hunters
I wanted to keep these conversions using the Northstar Military Figures kits.  I did decide to add one part from a Games Workshop empire Militia Kits as a pistol fits the theme so well and there are now official Black Powder Rules for Frostgrave.  I did not use any parts from the Cultist Sprue however I did for some conversions which will be showcased in Part 2.
Frostgrave Witch Hunter Demon Hunter Vampire Hunter

Frostgrave Sprue Conversion
The list of components I used

Let it be known that I am not very good with Green Stuff!  I was happy with these guys once assembled.  Of note the Sprue Knoblets are just bits of the sprue frame cut to shape and carved to represent the wide brimmed hat.  I also filed down the Ghost Archipelago hat and added a sprue knoblet to it.  The witch hunter hats were the hardest part of this conversion.

They painted up a treat and I am most pleased with them



Frostgrave Witch Hunter
A Witch Hunter with Cross Bow and Torch

How to convert frostgrave miniatures
A Witch Hunter with Sword and Lantern
28mm Witch Hunter
A Witch Hunter Pointing, you must point out the heretics




No comments:

Post a Comment