Monday 25 June 2018

Lord of The Rings Middle-Earth Battle Companies Easterlings

I am currently a member of two Wargaming Clubs.  Odin's Nights (aka The Secret Wargamer's Society - most of my twitter pics are from them) on Sydney's North Shore and Company of Dice whose HQ has been changing a bit but is also based in West Ryde.  The West Ryde Chapter is hoping to get some LOTR/Middle-Earth Battle Companies going. 

A while ago I picked up some neglected and damaged Easterlings for very very cheap.  They were dusty, assembled poorly and in need of some love.  I gave them some love and they will be the start of my Battle Company.  I think this will be a great way to get into LOTR Miniature Battles!

I hate painting true metallics, it is something I have never mastered so the technique I used was as follows:

Prime Black
Drybrush Vallejo Gun Metal
Drybrush Vallejo Silver
Drybrush Vallejo Old Gold
Drybrush Vallejo Gold
Wash Secret Weapon Armour Wash
Pick out the odd edge with Vallejo Gold

This lads didnt take to long, about 3 x 1 hour sessions.  Pretty happy with the results, basing was probably the longest stage.

LOTR Easterling Battle Company
LOTR Middle-Earth Battle Company - Easterlings

Middle Earth Battle Companies Easterlings
I need a tad more mat varnish on them

Easterling Archers
Easterling Archers

Easterlings Swords Swordmen
Easterlings Sword and Board, will probably make one of these chaps the leader

Easterling Weapons Spear Spearmen Spears
Easterling Spears





2 comments: