Thursday 15 February 2018

Project Waterloo - Update #1

Incoming! It has arrived! The Farmhouse Assault - La Haye Sainte Collectors Edition!



Warlord Games have absolutely blown my mind with just how awesome this box set is.  The box alone is a thing of beauty and the miniatures are just superb.  The photos of them on their website look good but up close I think they look great!

For those that follow me on Twitter you will recall seeing this photo:


You may notice that this cost me a cool £310 but... you may also notice I got 6 Black Powder box sets for free! I had a voucher that for every £50 I spent I got a Black Powder Box for free.  So there you go, what an incredible deal! Even better this deal still took effect when I took advantage of the recent Warlord Games Sprue sale.  I got a 7th box for free! So when that order arrives I will have another box of Polish Vistula Legion (obviously not for Project Waterloo).

Warlord even timed the order for me as I was to be out of town and as it was coming by Courier they sent it on a day I requested.  Absolutely fantastic customer service and the order was sent Monday Night Australian Eastern Standard Time and arrived Thursday Morning Australian Eastern Standard time. Most impressed!

I was so excited to open the box, I had flashbacks to Christmas as a kid!

I even put the Sharpe's closing credits song on full blast to capture the moment, it was most majestic and tear jerking. 


                                     


Well done Warlord Games for using Paper Packaging fillers as opposed to plastic!

This was a great moment and immensely satisfying
A beautiful boxset and the large white box is the Collectors Edition contents
Oh boy... 6 free boxes of goodness!
So excited to get cracking on this stuff! To be fair its probably going to take me years to paint.  Also you may have noticed my miniatures table on the top right of the blog has completely blown out for the month of February!  The Zombicide Green Horde Kickstarter Wave 1 certainly didnt help and this order bought 270 odd miniatures to the party!!!! Wow!

Up next... my 28mm WW2 Polish Airborne Painting Guide.

Arthur is most unimpressed with the mass of unpainted miniatures


No comments:

Post a Comment