Sunday 28 January 2018

2018 - What a year it is going to be!

I have left my 2018 post to the last days of January.  Most people usually do this in the early days of 2018, not me!

So first things first it has been a very busy start to 2018 for me both work wise and hobby wise.  I am in the Analogue Hobbies Annual Painting challenge and I am well behind my target of 750 Points.  You can see my progress here.

As previously published my 2017 wrap up is here and it didn't go as planned as I initially thought but 2017 was a huge success as a whole. 

Hobby Goals for 2018 in no order of priority

  • Project Waterloo
  • 28mm Napoloenics in other Campaigns
  • Expanding on all my current WW2 Armies in 28mm
  • Expanding my neglected WW2 Project in 20mm
  • Painting more boardgame minis
  • Reduce my horde of figures
  • Terrain terrain terrain! Something I need more of
  • paint more minis, paint lots of minis, paint more minis

Now to help me achieve the above, you can probably see a table to the top right of my Blog.  Its simple.  Miniatures received and miniatures painted.  By receive I refer to purchased and freebies as I have been receiving a few of those lately.  Now 2018 is already off to a disastrous start in terms of a received/painted ratio and it is only going to get worse! I have hundreds of 28mm Napoleonics incoming among two kickstarters, Zombicide Green Horde and A Song of Fire and Ice.  I have to get on top of this addiction and this could be the kicker I need.  That little table will be my constant reminder.  I think I am going to cut way back on my purchases now as for the first time I have more figures not painted than painted! 

28mm Warlord Games Fallschirmjager
Pretty much the look on my face when I saw that table

Social Media Goals


  • Get more of my stuff featured on other websites
  • Expand my twitter presence
  • Gain more followers on Blogger
  • Get 150 posts up on Blogger
If you don't follow me on twitter you should as I post a lot more stuff there and stuff that doesn't make it to here.  I recently gained 100+ followers, hopefully 200 followers soon! You may have also noticed some minor changes to the layout of LHP.  

Gaming Goals

  • Play More Games! Aim for an average of one a week
  • More solo play
  • Play my awesome neglected boardgames
I have pretty much ceased playing in Tournaments, I much prefer the social side of gaming, not the competitive side.  It has now been a year since my last tournament and no regrets!

Conslusion

Really as hobbyists can we really stick to our goals? Me... not really.  The main thing is having fun and documenting my journey which my first post ever was all about.  Lol what a bizarre and unexciting post!  

Thanks to all of you that follow me and here's to a great 2018!

-Dave.

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with all of those...... 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS You might be behind on your AHOC totals, but they are quality entries! Way better than rushed jobs you aren't happy with afterwards

      Delete
  3. Cool! Admirable goals, nice table (I might just steal that idea, if I may) and a lovely mini to boot!

    Good hunting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've seen similar tables on other blogs, I just exported a word document as HTML for it. See how it goes.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your projects and goals! I need to update mine, as like you, I have too much lead and not enough time or paint to get through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you've got me as a follower on blogger and as to the get your stuff featured on other websites I'm putting together a site which amongst other things to feature articles and categorise them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your goals. In our hobby it's not an easy task to stay on track. There are too many new things popping up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far so good... however... Distractions everywhere! As long as I keep pumping out the painted minis the odd distraction isnt too bad!

      Delete