Tuesday 31 March 2020

What a Strange Month It Has Been!

So much has happened over the last month! Everything as we know it has changed and we will certainly come out of this hopefully for the better.  But lets not even mention why things are the way they are.  I would just like to wish you all the best and let's see everyone get through this troubling time.

I have been working so much over the past few weeks I haven't got much hobby in.  What I have got in is something completely different and refreshing for me, Sci-Fi!

I am doing up a nice mix of models from Anvil Industry and Victoria Miniatures however I will not reveal yet what the models are primarily for but I will also be wanting to try out Zona Alfa.  I am also 3D printing a load of Modular Sci-Fi Terrain by Warlayer. 

It is nice living in Australia and supporting a local manufacturer like Victoria Miniatures.  I have some really cool and interesting sculpts by them and I am most impressed with the quality.

I really enjoyed painting some of my Anvil Industry Zombies and they are perfect for a multitude of Genres from Modern to Sci-Fi.

Victoria Miniatures Female Soldiers

A Crooked Dice Sci-Fi Character - Recordist Junger

Anvil Industry Zombies

Terrain by Waylayer and 3D Printed

More Anvil Industry Goodness


12 comments:

  1. Nice work ....zombies flavour of the month as we all feel that mythical apocalypse one step closer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely! I have always enjoyed Zombies across all genres

      Delete
  2. Nice figures and very well painted too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Those zombies are certainly appropriate for the time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Imagine we had a zombie like virus, the world would just crumble!

      Delete
  4. Great stuff. I have a bit of Vic Minis stuff, mainly character models though as I really try to avoid putting together multipart/modular figures when I can, I would much prefer one piece castings. That being said I plan get a squad of the female not-Cadians at some stage to give some diversity to my Guard forces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The multi-part can be really fidly. I found Anvil do it better than Victoria Miniatures for assembly.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful figures and presentation, inspired work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog has been very quiet of late!
    I hope everything is going alright for you down in your corner of Aus? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the use of clear bases. This means the figure can go anywhere and blend in! We do this as well. It saves re-basing. Nice paintwork on the figures.

    ReplyDelete