Friday 3 May 2019

Three Year Anniversary

On the 30th of April 2019 I had my 3rd Anniversary of my Blog Left Handed Panzerfaust!  This same day I had Surgery which I had been needing for a while to repair a hernia I had developed, hence the delayed anniversary post.

Over the past 2 years I have presented statistics from what I have achieved over the year.  This year I am not going to do this but instead will share some interesting statistics and some highs and lows.


  • The page has grown slowly from 30 followers to 42 - this just goes to show how powerful social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are when it comes to the hobby as blogging is less popular
  • The Blog received roughly 20,000 views in the past 12 months which is similar to its previous year
  • My main viewing audience is again interestingly from the United States, followed by the UK, Ireland and Australia
  • I am glad to see Mac and iphone IOS falling to the bottom for page views by operating systems (Sorry Apple people), Windows and Android have nearly 70% of viewership! 
  • Google is my main viewing source so that suggests to me my content is indexing well within the search engine
  • I posted 50% less than what I did over the previous year - this disappoints me the most!
  • Visiting Warhammer World was awesome in April 2019! Standby for separate post
  • My twitter account has grown to over 500 followers which is awesome.  I am very active there.
  • I really lost my Hobby mojo over the Christmas break but I am proud to say its back!
  • I was featured and mentioned in Warlord Games' Siege of Budapest :)
  • I will feature in 2 more yet to be announced books this year!
So thanks for sticking with me as we enter Left Handed Panzerfaust's fourth year!  Finally some highlights of what I managed to paint and achieve over the past 12 months.

Dave





















11 comments:

  1. Happy Blogbirthday Dave, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all Congratulations of course! You've been putting out some excellent work over the last few years.
    I have to agree on social media platforms taking away quite some traffic from Blogger. I myself only post rather infrequently on social media as I feel blogger is still the better format for our hobby. When you're after a quick fix in your lunch break Facebook is fine but personally I feel there's nothing more relaxing than sitting on your couch after work and perusing all those fine blogs posts on here. Some for the umpteenth time actually... In Facebook and the like it's "noisier" if you get my meaning. And lots of interesting stuff gets lost in time all too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Addendum: That said I myself am guilty of not always giving feedback to blogs I follow (on my iPad ;-) ).

      Delete
    2. Well said! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  3. Well done Dave with getting yourself in the books.
    The German downed aircraft crew looks superb and I must put them on my shopping list.
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday and a tremendous body of work......😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary mate! Great stuff!
    PS I am in your 30% Mac/iPhone viewers :-)

    ReplyDelete