Sunday 16 July 2017

Jumping In

I have had my collection of Offensive Miniatures US Paratroopers for quite some time now and have been meaning to get some paint on them.  I have finally bit the bullet and done a quick test figure.  All I can say is that Offensive Miniatures are exceptionally good.  In my opinion they are the best 28mm Miniatures for US Airborne Paratroopers with a D-Day theme.  The detail is amazing and they are going to look epic on the table.  I must say, Airborne forces are my thing at the moment!

Offensive Miniatures 28mm US Paratrooper
Offensive Miniatures 28mm D-Day Paratrooper

28mm 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles
The Decal is from Warlord Games. 
Paints Used (All Valejo)

Uniform: Middlestone
Patches/Helmet: US Dark Green
Webbing/Equipment: German Cam Beige 
Boots/Rifle: Flat Brown
Helmet Straps: German Cam Medium Brown

My Plans

These guys will be used for D-Day/Operation Overlord Themed Games.  I am particularly fond of the jump uniform they wore on D-Day.  Not a fan of the later uniform, especially in 28mm as I feel the Warlord Late War US Airborne plastics just don't look right.  

I will not be doing E Company 506th PIR.  Its been done to death, I might do D company lol.  Not really sure what the theme will be but maybe just some generic 101st Airborne Paratroopers.  

Lets see how this project goes.  Follow along for more good Paratrooper goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment